We are pleased to offer a program centered around the whole child and how children learn in their individual ways. We strive to teach children academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually in an age appropriate manner. Our day focuses on language, literacy, math, science, social studies and art using a variety of materials and processes. We have a program for children who will be 3 before September 1st and a program for children who will be 4 before September 1st as well.
We are licensed by DCYFand participate in the Bright Stars Program and offer DHS services to families.
We are pleased to announce that we will be offering additional technology in our Pre-K classes for the upcoming school year in the form of Amazon Kids’ Fire tablets. We are excited to introduce these tablets into our learning, offering children a way to take pictures of their work, investigate new discoveries and use simple programs to enhance and enrich our existing curriculum!
We encourage you to browse through our pictures to see more samples of our day. We invite you to call our school and come and take a tour to see what St. Paul's School is all about!
It is always exciting in Pre-K!!!!
1. A backpack (large enough for child to fit a folder and lunchbox independently.)
2. A lunchbox, labeled
3. One folder, labeled We would ask that the following items be brought in on the Pre-K orientation day in a shopping bag:
4. One folder to keep in school, labeled
5. Rest Mat, can be found at Wal-Mart, etc., labeled
6. A change of clothes-underwear, socks, pants and shirt in a labeled Ziploc bag (to be kept in the classroom)
7. 1 container of sanitizing wipes
8. 4 large glue sticks (please avoid “purple” glue sticks)
9. 1 8-count box of regular crayons
10. 1 box of Ziploc storage bags (any size)
11. 2 boxes of tissues
*NOTES: PLEASE USE A WATERPROOF LAUNDRY MARKER
TO LABEL ALL OF YOUR CHILDS ITEMS.
PLEASE TAKE CARE WHEN SELECTING YOUR CHILD'S
BACKPACK NOT TO PURCHASE ANYTHING TOO LARGE FOR
THE CHILD TO HANDLE. ALSO, OUR CLOSET SPACE IS
Mrs. Larsh has an Early Childhood Degree from Rhode Island College and is certified by the RI Department of Education in this field. Mrs. Larsh has been the Preschool teacher for the first three years of our program. She has experienced many seminars and workshops in her field and enjoys bringing this knowledge back to the classroom. In 2012 she started as the Pre-K teacher. Mrs. Larsh, together with her husband, have a daughter and a son.
Mrs.. Keane assists Mrs. Larsh in Pre-K.
Amongst many of her duties, she helps
prepare materials for each day, she
assists during center time, and helps
the children ready themselves for
various activities outside the classroom